Saturday, July 15, 2006

Once Upon A Time In Simunjan (1)

In 1973 I was posted to Simunjan in the district of Lower Sadong. I served in in Simunjan until May 1976. That time, there's no proper road. The transportation service to the state capital, Kuching would be either by Express boat that ply through Sadong river, crossed South China sea and then to Sarawak river or by boat to Gedong. From Gedong we'll get a bus to Serian. From Serian to Kuching we'll have a choice either by taxi or bus.

Photo of myself and my colleagues at Simunjan Secondary School. I was standing in the middle. Some of my colleagues have gone forever. I missed them. They were all good friends. To those friends , may God bless u all.

2 comments:

Maslina Mahbu @ Armiza Nila said...

Bang Pharo!

I am very happy with this. You gave me a new idea to make another kinds and variety of blogs!

Congratulations!

Armiza Nila
ps...amat mengagumi senior servant Sarawak yang begitu mahir berbahasa Inggeris... Teringat semasa berkhidmat di KASKA dan JKM sekitar Julai 1997 to March 2001 (4 years)...saya bergaul rapat dengan senior servant dan berlatih speaking English dengan mereka.

Penabahari said...

Armiza,
Glad to hear that. By all means , please proceed with your next blog.