Monday, July 17, 2006

A One Month Teaching experience

I completed my study at St. Thomas's School in 1971.With Senior cambridge cert. a started to hunt for job. I was offered a teaching post, temporary of course,at one of the primary schools in Kuching. That was in June 1972.
In this school, I met a fellow army corporal from Education Unit of the army by the name Abdullah, I think. Abdullah came from Perak. He's a nice friend. Even though I ended my carrier as a teacher after one month, we continued our friendship until his departure to Semnanjung Malaysia sometimes in 1973/1974.
As a token of our friendship I gave him parang Ilang( a sword used by Iban warrior) and he gave me his photo with someone special, maybe.
After that I have never been able to get in touch with him. I do not know where is he now. If anyone knows him, pleas convey my special greeting to him...
oohh. I really miss the good old days....

No comments: