Saturday, July 29, 2006

COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES IN SARAWAK


Receiving award from then Federal Minister of Agriculture, Dato' Seri Anwar Ibrahim during convocation of Institute of Cooperative Auditors




Photo taken during a visit to Malacca by fellow colleagues from various JPK offices throughout Malaysia. I was squatting in the middle. On my left Abang Mohammad Marzuki, now General Manager of Koppes Cooperative society Ltd.

I left Education Department in 1986 and joined Department of Cooperative Development ( http://www.jpk.gov.my/) as Ast. Auditor. After a few months service with JPK, I was sent to Institute of Cooperative Auditors at Petaling Jaya, Selangor to further my study in cooperative auditing. It was a six months course. I attended the course during night ie from 6.00 pm to 10.00pm. During the day , I attended induction course conducted by Cooperative College of Malaysia ( http://www.mkm.edu.my/mkm/malay/).

I came back to Kuching late November 1986 and was posted to JPK Hqrs. I used all the knowledge gained from ICA to improve the internal control and internal auditing for the various cooperative societies in Sarawak by giving them short courses. During this time I have the chance to visit various places in Sarawak from Kuching straight to Limbang.

I left JPK in 1991 to join The State Treasury Dept.( http://www.treasury.sarawak.gov.my/) Serving in JPK had given me the chance to meet various people from the state be it Iban, Bidayuh or Melanau. One great thing I lerned from the experience is the kind heart of the people of Sarawak. It is really a blessed state. I am proud to be trhe son of this country, Sarawak, a place like no other....

No comments: