Tuesday, March 04, 2008

TIME TO WRITE

























Earlier I have written about the time that I have now, after my retirement, plenty of time and what to do with it. I have decided to read. I have a lot of books in my bookshelf and I do have library card which gives me opportunity to borrow up to six books at a time. Reading seems to occupy most of my time besides other activities such as well, going to market, sending grand daughter to kindergarten and of course photographing and swimming and listening to musics once a while.

I still have time to spare. All these years I have long waiting for the time to write. So I have the time now but I have not written anything great. what shall I write. What would be the objectives of writing. I need to have clear fdirection. Is writing going to be my future career or is it just a hobby? I need to decide that too. If not then it would be a waste to go for early retirement.

Most of these time I have written poetry. Poetry has been in my heart since I was in lower secondary school. My first poem came out in Utusan Sarawak in 1969 with the title “Satay Tetap Nunggu.” It was written after I have sat for my Sarawak Junior Certificate Examination. I’d like to see that poem again. May be one of this days, I’ll go down to the Museum Library. I heard they have a good collection of such material in their archive.

But then there are other genre that need to be explored. I have written short stories once or twice. The same thing goes to essay. The last time I won a competition in essay writing was in 1973/74. It was a long , long time ago. I need to warm up and start again. Well for the start, I’ll write in my blog. So here it is...to start with.

6th January 2008

No comments: