Tuesday, March 04, 2008

TIME FOR A SWIM











After friday prayer yesterday, my wife and I left our home and proceeded to Samarahan. Destination: Samarahan Swimming pool. My wife said that she needed to stretch out. Last few days seems very tiring and stressing. So do I. I felt a little bit tired after late night sleep and attended a few family matters. All those really eaten up my strength.
So, swimming should be a good way to get rid of all those feelings. Negative energy needed to be washed away. BY three in the evening we reached the pool and paid a fee of RM1.00 each person. After putting on my Hawaiian short , i jumped in and started to swim across the pool. My, my. Am I that weak? Just a few stroke I felt really tired. Where are all my energy and strength gone to? I know in the 60s I can swim across Sarawak river with the help of only the nipah trunk, and I did swim across.
Then I realised, Pharo! You are 55 years old now, not 15. Is that so, well I should try to go slow then. I went for a few stroke now and then. A few young boys were around too. They looked at both of us in a strange way. What are these old couple doing here? I think that is what they said in their heart. But they are nice guys. The typical Samarahan attitude. Nice and friendly. My family are also from Samarahan too. They have stayed in kpg Serpan during the Japanese occupation period. That's before I was born.
As for my wife, she seemed to have fogotten how to swim. My God, that aweful.
Swimming is important. Now my kids also do not know how to swim. Some of them now started to take up the hobby too.
After forty five minutes , and the sun started to dry up up our skin , I told my wife its time to go. Forty five minutes is good enough. Maybe next week we'll come again. How about you friend, won't you want to come along. Lets' go swimming.....

Januari 18, 2008

No comments: